The climate these days is high in degrees, and in this blazing hot sun, all you need is a refreshing Homemade Appetizers For Summer.
So here we bring you, the five most delicious and chilling summer coolers
Contents Of The Article
- 1. WATERMELON APPETIZER
- 2. LIME AND MINT APPETIZER
- 3. BUTTERMILK APPETIZER
- 4. AAM PANNA OR RAW MANGO APPETIZER
- 5. KIWI PUNCH APPETIZER
1. WATERMELON APPETIZER
The very first ingredient that we can think of this summer to hydrate ourselves is the watermelon.An excellent soothing appetizer with a few cubes of ice and a pinch of pepper and salt is enough to cool down your body temperature.
1.1 Ingredients for Homemade watermelon appetizers
- Watermelons deseeded and chopped into cubes
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Few ice cubes
- Mint leaves
- Rose essence
1.2 Steps to prepare Homemade watermelon appetizers
- In a blender add watermelon pieces, sugar, salt, a pinch of black pepper and rose essence and blend it all at a time.
- Strain the juice through a fine strainer, just get rid of any hard pieces.
- Store it in a jug and with ice cubes
- Add two to three pieces of lime and mint leaves to give it a nice effect.
- Refrigerate it for around half an hour and serve it chilling.
Do try this at home and let us know how tasty it was, to drink. We would love to know your feedback in the comment section below. Do share your happiness.
2. LIME AND MINT APPETIZER
Another refreshing drink for summers is the lime with a hint of mint in it. A beautiful greenish appetizer to quench your thrust and make you stay fresh throughout the day
Well the ingredients are too simple, and you do have these available in your kitchen
2.1 Ingredients for Homemade Lime and Mint appetizers
- Lime: chopped into 1/8 pieces
- Mint leaves
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons
- A small piece of ginger
- Water: 3 cups
2.2 Steps to prepare Homemade Lime and Mint appetizers
- In a blender add the chopped pieces of lime, a handful and a half of fresh mint leaves, one small slice of ginger peeled and chopped, sugar, a pinch of salt and last but not the least add three cups of water, and blend it all together.
- Strain it through a fine strainer and get rid of lumps or any hard pieces.
- Take a glass and pour the stalk into it and garnish it with a slice of lemon on the edge of the glass, put a small bunch of mint leaves on the top. Also, add some crushed ice on the top to make it extra chilling.
- And your fresh lime mint cooler is ready to serve.
It is not only thrust quenching but also comes along with many health benefits:
- Improves digestion
- Gives you a glowing skin
- A glass of fresh mint lime after exercise can help you regain your energy
3. BUTTERMILK APPETIZER
Another most refreshing and digestion-friendly drink that comes to our mind is the buttermilk also known as Chaach in Hindi.
And its a piece of cake, easy to make, yummy to drink
3.1 Ingredients for Homemade Buttermilk
- Curd: 1 cup
- Water: 2 cups
- Roasted cumin seed powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- A fine piece of ginger
3.2 Steps to prepare Homemade Buttermilk
- This simple summer appetizer can be prepared in a jiffy. Let’s see how:
- Take a cup of curd or yogurt in a blender and add 2 cups of water into it. Add a teaspoon and a half of roasted cumin seed powder as per your taste buds, and some salt to taste.
- Blend all these into a fine slurry mixture, empty it in a jug and refrigerate it for around 30 minutes.
- While you are serving, do sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves, a small piece of ginger and pinch of cumin seed powder on the top.
- And your chaach or buttermilk is ready to server.
4. AAM PANNA OR RAW MANGO APPETIZER
One of the most traditional summer cooler appetizer and all time favorite of everyone is the Aam Panna. Aam is commonly known as mango in Hindi, and Panna means juice.
4.1 Ingredients for Homemade Aam Panna or Raw mango appetizers
- Raw mangoes
- Roasted cumin seed powder
- Black salt
4.2 Steps to prepare Homemade Aam Panna or Raw mango appetizers
Preparation is a little messy affair, but the outcome is mouth watering.
- Take the raw mangoes, heat them over the flame, till it softens up.
- Now remove the mangoes from the flame, keep it aside and let it cool.
- After the mangoes have cooled down start peeling them off and get rid of all the peel and the seed. Mash it a little before you put it into a blender.
- Now in a blender add the mango pulp some salt to taste, roasted cumin seed powder and one full cup of water for every half a cup of mango pulp
TIP: go a little easy on the salt as the mango pulp is tangy
- Blend all the ingredients together and empty it in a jug and refrigerate it for around 30 to 40 minutes.
- Before you begin to serve, just stir the Aam Panna with a spoon so that the pulp thak has settled at bottom mixes well, with the water.
- Pour the Aam Panna into the serving glass and add a pinch of black salt and cumin seed powder, stir it and serve.
- Garnish it with a few mint leaves if you wish to.
5. KIWI PUNCH APPETIZER
Another greenish and mouth-watering summer cooler to beat the summer is the kiwi punch.Kiwis are not only good in taste but also come with a lot of health benefits.
Let’s see how to prepare a kiwi punch.
5.1 Ingredients for homemade kiwi punch appetizers
- Seven kiwis peeled and cut into small chunks
- Half a cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4th cup lime juice
- Crushed ice
5.2 Steps to prepare homemade kiwi punch appetizers
- In a blender add the chunks of kiwi, sugar, water, lime juice.
- Blend it all together
- Strain out the stock and get rid of the lumps
- In the serving glass, add some crushed ice and pour the kiwi punch into it.
- To garnish put a slice of kiwi on the edge of the glass and your kiwi punch is ready to serve
You can also store the kiwi punch in the refrigerator and later, serve it chilling.
So these are some of the unique and delightful Homemade appetizers for summer that you would surely enjoy making, drinking and serving to others.
Do let us know the fun that you had after preparing these sweeties in the comment section below. We are equally eager in knowing your experiences.